It is with great pleasure that we announce the winners of the second edition of the Ascona Film Festival, which took place from February 20th through February 24th in the event hall of Hotel Ascona on the magical Monte Verità, overlooking the breathtaking municipality of Ascona and the spectacular region of Lago Maggiore.
The Engels & Völkers public prize in the amount of CHF 1000.- goes to:
“Leon & Barbara”, by Marcin Mikulski (Poland)
The Besana public prize in the amount of CHF 1000.- goes to:
“Shoot for the Moon”, by Casandra Macìas Gago (Spain)
The Berto Salotti public prize in the amount of CHF 1000.- goes to:
“The Art of Crossing a Bridge”, by Asger Lindgaard (Denmark)
The Axa-Winterthur public prize in the amount of CHF 500.- goes to:
“La Piñata”, by Manuel Arija (Spain)
We want express our gratitude to all artists who sent their work and hope to see more and more from them and their peers in the years to come.
Next year’s Ascona Film Festival, our third edition, will take place from February 26th through March 1st 2014.
Submissions will be accepted until the end of November 2013 underhttp://www.asconafilmfestival.org
A big heartfelt thank you also to our loving audience, which returned night after night to watch the works of artists from all around the globe, express their dreams and making us dream as well. We look forward to seeing you next year to offer you new stories and emotions.
Ascona Film Festival
Ascona Film and Video Art Festival
WIN A STAY IN WWW.HOTEL-ASCONA.CH : SUBMIT YOUR WORK NOW !
You can send also a DVD to http://www.hotel-ascona.ch with all the informations asked in the form below.
Third edition :2014
Apply if you want to present a film or an artistic Video to the Ascona Film and Video Art Festival.
The aim of the Ascona Film and Video Art Festival is to offer audiences an insight into the work of young, upcoming filmmakers and video artists from around the globe and to promote the exchange of ideas between established film workers, young talent and the public.
By submitting your work you confirm your intention to participate in the Ascona Film And Video Art Festival 2014, which will be held from February 27-1 march, 2014.
By submitting your work you also acknowledge that:
- you are at least 18 years old, or have parental permission to submit your work
- you are the owner of the material submitted, or you have the permission to submit the work from the owner
- you are not violating any copyright law related to the video and the soundtrack and any other material included
- you grant the Ascona Film And Video Art Festival non-exclusive rights to retain an archive copy of your work for the purposes of exhibition, promotion, and education through the internet and other means of display
- your work may be shown in public venues, and ohter filmfestivals in partnership with http://www.asconafilmfestival
- you will not ask for compensation (either financial or in nature) for the use of the work submitted
- your work may be post-processed for technical reasons(e.g. for films and videos missing titles)
MAKE SURE YOU ADD THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL SUBMISSION in the comment field
FOLLOW THE BLOG VIA EMAIL : IF YOU SUBMIT A FILM ALL THE COMMUNICATION WILL BE HANDLED VIA THE BLOG. WE DON’T SEND PRIVATE MAILS, WE PUBLISH THE OFFICIAL SELECTIONS, THE WINNERS AND PRESS COMMUNICATIONS VIA THIS BLOG.
Accepted films can ask to receive free accomodations at the hotel Ascona. IF YOUR FILM HAS BEEN SELECTED PLESE CONTACT
www.hotel-ascona.ch by mentioning they participate to the festival with a film.
SUBMISSION FORM :
Thank you very much for your
attention and don’t forget to subscribe to this blog : all the communications will be published here (you will receive notifications about the selections, festival in general and the winners.)